Linux Programmable Controller (LPC) - A PLC for Linux
What is it?
This is software that will eventually replace the functionality provided by PLCs. The software is being (re)developed to use the MAT PLC as the underlying architecture. Currently offered features are listed below, and will be continually upgraded. The software is released as open source under the GPL. Please give me feedback. Thanks, Hugh.
- serial communication
- DAQ board driver
- network drivers
- simple HMI
- simple keyboard scanning
- remote access client (matd)
- email notification
- a ladder logic engine
July 3, 2002
I have also started to port the Java tools - the HMI tool is semi-functional. You can find it in the 'handler/demos/java_hmi' directory. To run it for now you will need to that the Java SDK from sun installed. Note: The Devicenet driver is still not functional, but it is being worked on.
June 13, 2002
I have begun to add Devicenet drivers, but they are not functional yet.
June 10, 2002
The development continues..... Modules for RS232, email and a ladder logic interpreter have now been added. The full system can be downloaded, including the MAT plc tree, or just the handler directory functions. To get it just follow the directions below.
May 28, 2002
Some simple bug fixes were added to the tarball for network naming, and the matd program was fixed a little more (but it is not completely ready yet.
May 24, 2002
A first (rough) version of the LPCD code that works with the MAT PLC is ready for those brave enough. Basic instructions for download and install are;
- Download the mat_handler.tar.gz file (6.2 MB)
- Uncompress and unpack it in an empty directory (don't mix it into the matplc directory) with,
- gunzip mat_handler.tar.gz
- tar -xvf mat_handler.tar
- Connect to the 'mat' directory and type 'make' to compile the files.
- Connect to the 'demos' directory and try it out.
Download and Install
- Download the source (6.2MB).
- Uncompress it using 'gunzip mat_handler.tar.gz'.
- Unpack it in a working directory using 'tar -xvf mat_handler.tar'
- Connect and compile with 'cd mat_handler; make'
- Connect and run the demos under 'handler/demos'
Just the handler directory
- Download the source (1.5MB).
- Uncompress it using 'gunzip handler.tar.gz'.
- Unpack it in main MAT PLC directory using 'tar -xvf handler.tar'
- Connect and compile with 'cd handler; make'
- Connect and run the demos under 'demos'
Things To Do
Look at the older (obsolete) 0.0.7.4 source tree
Look at the older (obsolete) 0.0.7.4 specifications
You are visitor number Since March 30th, 2000